Legal Representation & Contact
The ASYMPTOTE website is hosted by the working group MATIS I of the Goethe University Frankfurt, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science Education. The responsible person in terms of legal representation and data protection is:
Prof. Dr. Matthias Ludwig
60325 Frankfurt am Main / Germany
+49 (0) 69 – 79828695
To get in contact with the ASYMPTOTE team, send an email to Prof. Dr. Matthias Ludwig or use the contact form on this website.
Below you will find our Legal Notice. You can find our Data Protection Policy here.
Liability for contents:
- All contents of our website have been created with the utmost care and to the best of our knowledge. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the content.
- As a service provider, we are responsible for our own content on these pages in accordance with general laws. However, as a service provider, we are not obligated to monitor transmitted or stored third-party information or to investigate circumstances that indicate illegal activity. Obligations to remove or block the use of information under the general laws remain unaffected.
- However, liability in this regard is only possible from the point in time at which a concrete infringement of the law becomes known. If we become aware of the above-mentioned infringements, we will remove this content immediately.
Limitation of liability for external links:
- Our website contains links to external websites of third parties. We have no influence on the content of these directly or indirectly linked websites. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the contents of the “external links”. The respective providers or operators (authors) of the sites are responsible for the contents of the external links.
- The external links were checked for possible legal violations at the time of linking and were free of illegal content at the time of linking. A constant review of the contents of the external links is not possible without concrete evidence of a violation of the law. In the case of direct or indirect links to the websites of third parties that lie outside our area of responsibility, a liability obligation would only exist in the case where we become aware of the content and it would be technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent use in the case of illegal content.
- This disclaimer also applies to links and references within our own website www.asymptote-project.eu from users of the discussion forum. For illegal, incorrect or incomplete contents and especially for damages resulting from the use or non-use of such information, only the service provider of the page to which reference was made is liable, not the one who merely refers to the respective publication via links.
Funding & Non-Commerciality:
- ASYMPTOTE is an educational environment for online mathematics teaching and learning. It is free of advertising and free of charge, i.e. ASYMPTOTE does not pursue commercial interests.
- The creation of these resources has been co-funded by the ERASMUS+ grant program of the European Union (grant no. 2020-1-DE01-KA226-HE-005738). Neither the European Commission nor the project’s national funding agency DAAD are responsible for the content or liable for any losses or damage resulting of the use of these resources.
Prof. Dr. Matthias Ludwig
Since 2011, Matthias Ludwig has been professor for mathematics education at Goethe University Frankfurt.
Deng-Xin Ken Oehler
Ken Oehler studied bioinformatics at Goethe University Frankfurt. He is leading the technical realization of ASYMPTOTE.
Simon Barlovits studied mathematics and politics as a teacher. He leads the project development process of ASYMPTOTE.