The ROSEDA Conference
The Research On STEM Education in the Digital Age (ROSEDA) Conference will take place from February 23 to 25 in Porto, Portugal. It is hosted by at the School of Engineering (ISEP), Polytechnic of Porto. Invited are all members of the educational and scientific STEM community which are interested and experienced in (1) online education, (2) teaching and learning with digital tools or (3) education beyond Covid-19 pandemic.
The Covid-19 pandemic led to a massive change in the way education was taught and delivered. Instead of teaching and learning at the same time in the same place – the classroom – teachers and students became spatially separated. The question of how to plan, deliver, and assess online instruction now seems more urgent than ever.
This situation, of course, affected all STEM subjects equally: Teachers of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics had to rethink and develop new ways of using digital technologies in STEM classes.
The ROSEDA Conference is covering three main topics concerning teaching and learning science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics:
- ideas and experiences for the design, conduct, and assessment of online courses (topic 1),
- innovative approaches of using digital technology in education (topic 2),
- research on teaching and learning during the Covid-19 pandemic (topic 3).
Hereby, we aim to …
- receive and share experiences of research practice in education of science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics,
- discuss innovative approaches of teaching and learning in the digital age,
- receive and share inputs from the STEM community,
- present the ASYMPTOTE system as one approach for online education.
The first call of the conference can be downloaded below. Please find more information on the conference in the following.
The conference is sponsored by the following brands, to which we are grateful: